||The Karl Kirchgessner Foundation
|SUPPORTING VISION SOLUTIONS
The Karl Kirchgessner Foundation ("Foundation") is a private foundation
organized in 1979. The Foundation's purposes are exclusively charitable
and are accomplished primarily through support of institutions located
in the Southern California area, which are actively engaged in the provision
of services in the field of vision.
The Foundation's mission is to assist economically disadvantaged persons,
especially those among the young, the elderly, and the disabled. While the
Foundation supports a limited amount of eye research, its emphasis is to
support activities in the area of eye care, and in helping those with sight
problems to be self-sufficient.
- Grants are made to qualified organizations and institutions that are exempt from
Federal taxes under IRC Section 501(c)(3). No grants are made to individuals or
to fund-raising campaigns.
- Particular attention is given to applicants from the Southern California area.
- Race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation or religion are not factors in the
consideration and awarding of grants.
- Grants are restricted to organizations whose overhead expenses are deemed to be
reasonable by our Foundation.
- The Foundation strongly encourages applications which incorporate funding through